iCaption 2.4.0 has recently been released, adding new features requested by the users.
The audio and video core of iCaption has been re-written to take advantage of OSX 10.9 Mavericks’ AVFoundation (the QuickTime API is deprecated in 10.9). Warning: All OSX versions prior to 10.9 are now unsupported. Support for non-Apple-friendly media formats will be affected as a consequence. For Snow Leopard, Lion or Mountain Lion support please continue to use iCaption 2.3.0.
- Added the ability to instantly edit the subtitle’s start and end times in the timeline by dragging them (without pressing the Apply to Subtitle button afterwards). Apply is still used to move the entire subtitle.
- Added the ability “Add Next Subtitle”, which starts at the end of the currently selected subtitle, with the same duration.
- Added drag and drop for opening supported media formats.
- Added drag and drop for opening supported subtitle formats.
- Fixed search for subtitle translations to use the new search API by AllSubs.org.